In Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have been monitoring the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) closely and it is our goal to be transparent about the proactive steps we are taking during this time and as the situation develops.
Our hearts go out to all those affected and the health and safety of our teams and communities is our top concern. Our operations and training teams are working closely with local health officials, and our restaurants are maintaining recommended procedures to keep our guests and team members safe.
As part of our normal food safety procedures, we sanitize our restaurant surfaces multiple times a day, and use AFVT, which removes 99.9% of harmful pathogens, to thoroughly clean all of our fruits and vegetables that are not prewashed. Our team members also always use gloves when preparing food and constantly wash their hands.
To increase precautions, all of our 90+ locations have already taken the following steps:
- Enhanced daily procedures which include: Coronavirus specific training, using sanitizer to clean surfaces multiple times a day as recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency, and stressing the importance of proper hand washing with updated signs in our restrooms and at hand washing stations.
- We have temporarily relocated utensils (spoons, forks, lids) from the beverage and cashier stations to behind the counter to be available upon request.
- We have also relocated shared condiments such as Cholula, lemons, salt and pepper shakers to behind the counter. We will have single-use salt and pepper and pre-portioned 2 oz. cups of Cholula available for use upon request.
- Our third-party delivery partner, DoorDash, has already shared public health guidance with all of their Dashers, including the best practices from the CDC. We are encouraging guests to add door drop off requests to their special instructions as well as an extra precaution. If a no-contact delivery is requested the driver will leave your food in a safe place and alert you when it’s ready for pickup. Here’s how this works if you’d like to request one
- Add instructions. At checkout, update the “Special Instructions” section with your request for a no-contact delivery and with details about the drop-off location. Please be specific about the location and instructions.
- Text your Driver. When your Driver is assigned, select the option to text your Dasher. In the message, remind them of your request.
- Driver will confirm drop-off. When your Driver arrives, they’ll text you that they’ve left your order at the requested drop-off location. You’ll also receive a text message that your order has been delivered.
- Catering leads are now encouraged to wear gloves during set up and will no longer remove lids from the trays. We are also recommending ordering boxed lunches, as they are individually packaged and by nature prevent the spread of germs.
- We have transitioned some locations to carry out and delivery only at this time. Please see below for locations’ adjusted hours and potential dining room closings.
We are ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy and feel they can stay home if they aren’t feeling well. Our team is continuing to monitor the situation and make careful decisions for the safety of our team members and guests. We are confident, with the recommendations of the CDC and our own strict food safety procedures, that our restaurants will continue to be safe. We will provide updates to any further proactive actions we are taking as we receive new information.
Most importantly, we continue to encourage our teams to take care of themselves, each other and our guests. In addition to our restaurants, our teams are also ready to serve you online at salata.com for both pick up and delivery.
With that, in order to continue to provide a safe and sanitary source of healthy and convenient food, we are offering a meal kit that feeds four, and bottles of signature dressings in the kits, 12 packs of our multigrain croissants and as a la carte options. These options may be ordered online, via phone or in-store for takeaway at select Salata locations. The new takeout options will be available until further notice.
In addition to Salata’s typical “build your own” options and the meal kits, Salata is now offering a menu of set salads and wraps designed to take the guesswork out of meals. The new set salads include Cobb, Greek, Harvest and Chicken Caesar; wraps include Mediterranean Veggie and Southwest. Customized salads will remain available through takeout and online ordering.
Several locations have decided to close until further notice:
Allen Center, Atlantic Station, Berry Street, Bryant Square, California Plaza, Cherry Street, Citi National, College Park, Copley Center, Fig at 7th, Galleria, Green Street, Houston Center, John’s Creek, Kingspointe, Lake Mary, Lexington, Los Angeles County, Market Street, Memorial City, Miami Lakes, Milam Tunnel, Oak Grove, One Main Place, Pacific Dallas, Park Row, Peachtree Center, Peachtree Corners, Pennzoil Place, Plaza of the Americas, Quail Springs, Sundance Square and Winter Park
Many locations, including those which have moved to takeout or delivery, also have amended hours.
Given the rapidly-changing situation around COVID-19, Salata location closings and hours of operation are shifting quickly as well, so please give your local restaurant a call if you have questions.
Thank you for being a loyal guest.